The successful candidate will provide strategic direction for the Public Works/ Roads Department, exhibit outstanding leadership, communication, professional engineering skills, and will possess the demonstrated capacity to successfully manage in a fast-paced public environment. The Public Works Director position includes the following duties:
- Planning, organizing, directing, reviewing, and evaluating the activities, functions, and operations of the Public Works/ Roads Department.
- Coordinating and working closely with officials, department heads, and outside agencies.
- Serving as professional technical advisor and representing the department and/or County with citizens and media.
- Administering subdivision regulations by reviewing construction drawings and subdivision plats for conformance to regulations and engineering principles.
- Monitoring and overseeing that services delivered are in compliance with statutory applicable laws, rules, regulations, and applicable standards and procedures established by the state, court, and the department.
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or directly related field
Six (6) years of directly related, increasingly responsible, and varied professional engineering project management
Developing and managing public works or municipal management experience
Five (5) years of senior level management, project management, and/or administrator experience
Must be licensed to practice as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the State of Texas issued by the Texas Board of Professional Engineers
**All applicants must apply through the Lubbock County website (www.co.lubbock.tx.us) to be considered. Please contact Human Resources at 806-775-1695 with any questions.**
Lubbock County serves over 300,000 residents year round and prides itself in its continued push to deliver efficient public service. As Lubbock County grows in both size and opportunities, we prioritize selecting employees who apply professionalism, integrity, and compassion in the work he or she undertakes. Along with presenting employees an environment to pursue a legal, trade, or clerical caree...r, Lubbock County employees experience job security, stability, and the satisfaction of providing an invaluable to service to his or her community.
Lubbock County is an EEO M/F/Disability/Veteran employer.