AC Transit is seeking qualified candidates for the Management Analyst position in the Procurement department. Under general direction, performs a full range of complex and often sensitive professional analytical work; and conducts special assignments, as assigned. Reporting to the Director of Procurement, this individual will support in a variety of complex quantitative and qualitative analysis, including operational, budget, quality assurance and personnel management issues.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a change agent with strong analytical skills, ability to solve problems, and a team player. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Being flexible and having the ability to effectively interact with diverse situations and people are strong attributes for this newly created and exciting position in downtown Oakland.
• Conducts a variety of complex qualitative and quantitative analysis using statistical methods to sample, evaluate, and analyze operational, confidential, and sensitive personnel, performance metrics, and budgetary data.
• Researches, compiles, and prepares financial and accounting data for studies and reports; and prepares graphs, charts, and other statistical information from databases for the purpose of analyzing information clearly and efficiently.
• Conducts special research projects, including gathering, compiling, and analyzing information; provides alternatives, and makes recommendations on alternative courses of action.
• Formulates and presents recommendations and strategies for process improvement.
• Confers with District staff in various departments, coordinates activities, and conducts on-site meetings and interviews to gather data and information.
• Prepares feasibility, operational, and management studies, and justifications for staffing levels, facilities and equipment usage; and proposes new policies and/or revisions to existing policies.
• Drafts reports, summaries, press releases, and newsletter articles on research and planning projects; and gives oral presentations to various audiences.
• Participates and/or leads administrative and/or operational projects, as assigned.
• Designs and manages databases; and establishes data quality control practices and procedures.
• Assists with the preparation of requests for proposals, and evaluation proposals from contractors; and monitors contractors' work.
• Provides assistance to department management in the development, administration, and monitoring of a department budget.
• Performs light administrative support functions for the assigned department; including responding to inquiries via email, telephone, and fax; and completes forms and paperwork.
• Maintains a variety of records, databases, and files.
• Performs related duties as required.
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or a closely related field.
Experience: Three (3) years of recent and verifiable professional level experience in the gathering and analysis of data and information in a business setting.
Physical Requirements: Must maintain the physical condition necessary to: (1) perform tasks in an office setting operating a personal computer, keyboards, and other peripheral equipment; and (2) possess physical mobility in order to travel to and between District facilities to attend meetings and conduct field studies.
THIS POSITION IS AN UNREPRESENTED POSITION
The Selection Process: The Human Resources department must receive a completed online application by the filling date. If this recruitment is "Continuous," it may be closed at any time without notice. Applications will be screened for job related qualifications, and those candidates who best meeting the qualifications listed on this Job Announcement will be invited to participate in an examination process that may include written, oral and/or performance segments. Current District employees must have satisfactory attendance and performance records up to and throughout the recruitment process. Finalists will be placed on a ranked Eligibility List. When filling vacancies, the Human Resources Department will refer the top candidates to the hiring department for final screening and recommendation. Per Board Policy, selected candidates may require background checks performed on their criminal and/or financial records.
Benefits: All employees hired on or after January 1, 2016, may be in the District's Tier II pension plan covered by the Public Employees' Pension Reform Act of 2013 (PEPRA). As such, he/she may be required to contribute 6% or more of annual income towards the cost of his/hers District pension.
ADA Compliant and Drug Free Workplace: The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you have a need for an accommodation, please call Human Resources at (510) 891-4783.
The Alameda Contra Costa Transit District has established the goal of a 100 percent drug and alcohol-free workplace. Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to employment and those in safety sensitive positions will be subject to further drug and alcohol testing through their period of employment, including random drug and alcohol testing.
For full application instructions and position description, visit http://apptrkr.com/1192981