Assistant Project Manager - Total Facilities Management (TFMS / BASE OPS)
September 17, 2018
Fort Meade, Maryland
Full Time - Experienced
The Assistant Project Manager will be an employee of Melwood. This position will be working as a full time, Salaried Government Contractor working at Fort. Meade, MD Army Base.
1. The Assistant Project Manager requires at a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree (Maters preferred). 2. Preferred degree in Engineering or, Program/Project Management from an accredited United States College/University. Official College transcripts must be provided for verification 3. Core working hours at 7:00am to 4:00pm, Monday through Friday 4. This position comes with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package
1. The Assistant Project Manager, preferably, should be a registered Professional Engineer within the State of Maryland, (proof of certification is required for verification). The incumbent will have at least four (4) years experience in senior upper level management of similar work. If eligible for reciprocity, refer to www.dllr.state.md.us/license). If not a Registered Engineer, the incumbent requires at least eight (8) years management experience in work of a similar scope and responsibility.
2. The Assistant Project Manager of TFMS/Base Ops will assist the Project Manager with all contractual requirements and delivery of the same to the customer (the Directorate of Public Works, located at Fort Meade Army Base).
3. The incumbent will ensure effective oversight, proper coordination/support of all resources at their disposal to accomplish all contractual requirements.
1. In conjunction with the Project Manager, the Assistant Project Manager provides direct supervision, technical oversight and coordination of work; through project coordination meetings and other means. Monitors progress and performance against contractual performance requirements, project schedules and budgets; recommends allocation of resources as required to accomplish goals. Will be designated to serve as the acting Project Manager in the absence of the Project Manager.
2. Responsible for preparation of project budgets, development of work plans, procedures and determination of labor/equipment needs for the functional areas. Plans, organizes, coordinates, supervises, trains employees and evaluates programs, personnel, services, staffing, equipment and infrastructures to satisfactorily fulfill all contractual requirements.
3. Serves as the point of contact, as determined by the Project Manager, to government officials and/or tenant representatives and corporate staff. Responsible for maintaining daily contact and positive communications and ensures customer satisfaction and compliance with all work performed under the contract. In addition, discusses any and all changes, with the Project Manager, to the existing contract as they may become necessary.
4. Oversees assigned shifts, personnel and prepares timely reports to the Project Manager.
5. Reviews supply and equipment requests to ensure efficient use of resources in accordance with fiscal guidelines for the contract site.
6. Works closely with the Project Manager and Vice President, Facility Services Management in the preparation of yearly budgets, department goals, and contract pricing renewal packages to include preparing contract labor hour requirements and changes, developing supply and equipment requirements/changes and other data required for contract pricing.
7. Performs other duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
1. Government / Military Base Engineering Operations experience preferred
2. Four (4) years of experience in senior management of similar work or not less than eight (8) years management experience in work of similar scope and responsibility if not a Registered Engineer.
3. Six Sigma Certification
4. Union management experience preferred
5. Leadership and management skills sufficient to properly manage a Military Base Operations contract
6. Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in Engineering or Program/Project Management related fields/disciplines from an accredited United States College/University. **Official College transcripts must be provided for verification.
7. Provide certification as a registered Professional Engineer in the State of Maryland (or eligible for reciprocity, refer to www.dllr.state.md.us/license). If the candidate is not a registered Professional Engineer in the State of Maryland, he/she shall have at least eight (8) years of experience in senior management of similar work.
8. Experience with U.S. Army/DOD, employee relations and security procedures strongly desired.
9. Melwood is an equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free workplace. Pre-employment background checks, including E-Verify, are required for all employment positions.
A dynamic nonprofit providing jobs and opportunities for people with differing abilities for over 50 years and counting in the greater Washington, DC area.
BACK TO TOP
Questions? Please contact our Customer Service Team 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 2238 (Extension Required)