INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF FIRE FIGHTERS, AFL-CIO
The International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) currently has an IMMEDIATE opportunity for a Data & Testing Analyst to conduct full life cycle data analysis on testing and test results for classes taken by our employees. You should be comfortable in working with large and complex data-sets, and appropriate quantitative analysis. (Please note that this is a grant-funded position.)
Starting salary is $73K rising to $82K within two years - SUPERB benefits including free comprehensive health insurance employee and dependents, 401k match, pension, and more!
With headquarters in Washington, DC, and Ottawa, Ontario, the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) represents more than 310,000 full-time professional fire fighters and single-role EMS providers in more than 3,100 local affiliates.
Please note: The IAFF is unable to provide immigration sponsorship & position is not open to telework.
Responsibilities include conducting full life cycle data and test analysis to include requirements, activities and design of test validity, results analysis, etc. The incumbent will develop new analytical and reporting capabilities and will monitor and create performance and quality control plans to identify improvements in testing design.
· Formulation and implementation of software testing strategies
· Preparation/review of testing plans
· Preparation/review of test reports
· Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
· Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
· Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
· Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets, such as test validity, etc.
· Filter and “clean” data; locate and correct code problems
· Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
· Monitors data for course quality, including pre- and post-training tests and course evaluation
· Performs other duties as required to support the department and its mission
· BS in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Information Management, Data Science, Computer Science, Actuarial Science
· Minimum of one to three years’ experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
Excellent understanding of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
Proficiency in Par Test/Par Score and iMIS helpful
Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans, and those in traditionally disadvantaged groups.
Additional Salary Information: Rising to 82K w/in 2 years
About International Association of Fire Fighters
With headquarters in Washington, DC, and Ottawa, Ontario, the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) represents more than 310,000 full-time professional fire fighters and single-role EMS providers in more than 3,300 local affiliates.