EnviroIssues is a public involvement and community outreach consulting firm. We are a staff of over 90 employees and since 1991 have successfully worked to communicate complex government, transportation, environmental, and urban planning issues to members of the public in the Pacific Northwest. Our goal is to provide our clients with the tools for complex decision-making in the public arena.
EnviroIssues is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and seeks to maintain a diverse work place. EnviroIssues does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or any employee because of race, color, age, sex, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran.
Associate – Portland
We are looking for a skilled associate, with at least ten years of experience to join our Portland team.
Qualified applicants are energetic, creative professionals who have:
- Experience providing communication and project management services in the public involvement and outreach field; facilitation experience in this field preferred
- A proven record of developing and implementing results-oriented outreach approaches for a variety of public and private audiences
- Project management experience, including developing and managing budgets
- The ability to understand and explain technical and environmental information to a variety of audiences, often in high-profile situations
- Experience leading large and small groups, made up of elected officials, technical experts, and/or community representatives; developing and executing decision-making processes; and helping groups reach agreement
- Superior oral and written communications skills including writing for the web, social media, fact sheets, key messages and talking points
- Exceptional multi-task management and organizational skills, including developing work plans
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work both independently and in a team setting with a high level of initiative, creativity, tact and professionalism
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access)
- Consulting experience preferred, as is work in one or more of the following sectors: transportation, energy, environmental cleanup, land use, infrastructure, and/or natural resource management
- Foreign language fluency is desirable
- A valid driver's license is required