|The Preferred Candidate Will Have |
• Experienced in developing, managing and tracking intellectual property
• Experienced working with legal counsel on patents and contracts
• Experienced with in-licensing technology and negotiating terms.
• Demonstrated ability to train and coach others, especially in field of IP
• Skilled in searching international IP databases and in training others
• Able to provide preliminary interpretation of IP strategy and impact on business
• Comfortable working with all levels staff and management
• Experienced in the research and product development processes such as stage-gate and lean development
• Project and program management experience, including managing budgets, assigning and tracking tasks, and developing and tracking metrics
• Experienced in developing business cases and presenting financially-based justifications.
• Experience working in global setting. Must be able to travel on a global basis.
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems using unique, creative concepts
• Comfortable with a hands-on working environment.
• Has excellent observation skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Must be able to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
• Flexibility and responsiveness, working in a fast-moving team environment
Additional, Preferred Competencies
• CLP (Certified Licensing Professional) certification
• Experience with statistical Design of Experiments
• Experience with regulatory affairs
• PMP (Project Management Professional) certification
Education and Experience
• Master’s degree (or equivalent experience) in material science, chemistry, chemical engineering, or related technical field. Additional education (PhD or MBA) preferred.
• At least five years of experience managing intellectual property and working with legal counsel.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Work will include use of PPE including safety shoes
• Must be able to travel globally
Michelman is proud of its unique work environment that we have. We pride ourselves in our commitment to our values of integrity, respect and success. Selected candidate will have a rigorous onboarding experience with a continued commitment to technical and professional development. We offer an excellent salary, incentive and benefits package in a progressive, empowered team environment.
No phone calls please. Michelman does not hire individuals who use tobacco products. All candidates will receive a drug test prior to beginning employment which will include a test for tobacco products.
For more information about Michelman, please visit www.michelman.com
Michelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans