Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Reporting to the Assistant Chief Engineer, Quality Assurance Division and under the direct supervision of the Manager, Structural Integrity, the successful candidate will respond to and evaluate immediate structural deficiencies at all Port Authority facilities; audit consultants performing facility condition surveys and biennial inspection of bridges; perform technical reviews of condition survey reports and biennial bridge inspection reports; maintain and update the database for condition survey reports, immediate actions and priority repairs. The selected candidate will be handling multiple projects independently as a Task Leader. Attendance during nighttime or weekend-scheduled inspection is required.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
* Possess a Bachelors degree in Structural or Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university.
* Four or more years experience in structural engineering including participation in the condition inspection, construction or design of various types of structures.
* Familiarity with New York and New Jersey states requirements for biennial inspection of bridges, FHWA/New York/New Jersey requirements for tunnel inspection and familiarity with various other codes including AASHTO specifications.
* Ability to be on-call 24/7 to respond to emergency structural situations.
* Possess valid drivers license
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
* Ability to assess inspection findings, effectively reach a sound conclusion and recommend repairs.
* Proficiency and effectiveness in written and oral communication skills are essential.
* Be physically fit to climb various types of structures.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
* Self-motivated and experienced in working in a team environment.
* Professional Engineering license.
* Completion of Bridge Inspection Training Courses: NHI 130055 (Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges), NHI 130053 Bridge Inspection Refresher or NYSDOT Bridge Inspection Workshop. . Familiarity with NYSDOT Flagging procedure, BDIS and COMBIS.
* Proficient in the use of various computer programs such as Microsoft Office, AUTOCAD, etc.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://panynj.contacthr.com/54667793.jpg />
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: