* MANAGER - SITE CONSTRUCTION (JOB ID: 89611)
To coordinate and supervise the construction phase of Capital Programs and any other construction work on railroad property and to protect the Company’s interest in all aspects thereof ensuring safety and efficiency.
- Provide technical inspection of contractors performance on the railroad’s Capital Projects.
- Manage and coordinate with the consultant’s field personnel on Capital Projects and right of way.
- Coordinate the construction work by contractors to assure compliance with contact documents and to ensure safety.
- Oversee the work of Construction Representatives and Railroad Inspectors.
- Review construction procedures for work involving the railroad.
- Keep management informed as to completion progress and schedule (any deviations from plans, specifications or procedures must be referred to Engineer for approval. Must defer engineering decisions/judgments to Engineers).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field. In lieu of degree and additional four (4) years of Construction Management experience is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in construction management and/or construction projects to include monitoring of budget and schedules.
- Minimum three (3) years management experience including supervision of personnel.
*CONSTRUCTION ENGINEER - 3 POSITIONS (JOB ID: 89709)
To coordinate and manage the construction phase of Capital Programs and any other construction work on Railroad property, protecting the Company's interests and ensuring safety in all aspects thereof.
- Review construction procedures and provide technical supervision of contractor's work on Capital Projects. Act as resident engineer for construction supervision and inspections on in-house Construction Management projects.
- Manage and coordinate with the consultant's field personnel on Capital Projects.
- Inspect construction work done by contractors to assure compliance with contract documents and to ensure safety.
- Oversee the work of construction representatives and railroad inspectors.
- Coordinate construction procedures for work involving the force account and railroad operations. Represent the railroad at various meetings.
- Keep management informed of project status and scheduling.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Structural or related Engineering field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Engineering, Construction and surveying practices and principles as they relate to bridges, facilities and/or station construction (or successful completion of MNR Associate Engineer Program).
- Minimum of three (3) years of project management experience and managing professionals (or successful completion of MNR Associate Engineer Program).
To be selected for a position, an applicant must: (1) meet the minimum requirements in the job posting, (2) pass a written examination (if applicable), (3) satisfy a background investigation (which includes credit, if applicable), and (4) pass an oral interview, during which the interviewers will further evaluate the applicant's qualifications for the position. Because the selection process is competitive, not all qualified applicants are granted an interview. Metro-North may also require the applicant to undergo a physical ability test, and, if the Company extends a conditional offer, may require him or her to undergo a medical examination, which may include toxicological testing.
For applicants who are current employees, you must be in active service and have worked in your present position for at least one (1) year to be eligible to apply for a posted position, or OTHERWISE STATED IN THE POSTING and have completed the agreed upon formal training commitment, plus on-the-job training, if applicable (for example: Signal Trainee, Foreman-In-Training, Locomotive Engineer, Conductor, Rail Traffic Controller (RTC) etc.) in order to be eligible to transfer. If you are transferred, you may be required to forfeit your seniority in your present occupation. In addition, Metro-North employees are subjected to an internal investigation, which includes an evaluation of their safety records, discipline records, and performance assessments.
As an employee of Metro-North Railroad you may be required to complete a New York State financial disclosure statement, if you earn more than $90,020.00 or if you hold a position designated as a policy maker.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
For Full Job Descriptions and To Apply Online, Please Visit:
http://web.mta.info/mta/employment/ Click on Metro-North Railroad, Select “Agree,” then Search by Job Title.
MTA Metro-North Railroad is an Equal Opportunity Employer