• Some converter/substation maintenance.
• Good working knowledge of the electricification system
• Knowledge of Electric Traction Dept.construction standards, standard operating instructions, AMT2 and RWP
• Demonstrated experience in Electric Traction maintenance and construction
• Extensive knowledge of BMWE, ARASA, IBEW, and ATDA labor agreements
• Effective knowledge of OSHA and FRA safety regulations, policies and programs, injury prevention programs, and personal protective safety equipment
• Experience with Microsoft Office packages
• Strong organization, administrative and planning skills
• Prior satisfactory job performance
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Extensive experience in Electric Traction
• Experience with SCADA control systems, PLC’s, RTU’s and relays
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering with Converter Design experience
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Posting Location(s):New York
Education Requirements:Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements:Up to 50%
Employment Experience Requirements:1 - 3 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.